NOTICE TO USER: PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY COPYING, INSTALLING OR USING ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, IN PARTICULAR THE LIMITATIONS ON: USE CONTAINED IN SECTION 2; TRANSFERABILITY IN SECTION 4; WARRANTY IN SECTIONS 6 AND 7; LIABILITY IN SECTION 8; AND SPECIFIC PROVISIONS AND EXCEPTIONS IN SECTION 13. YOU AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS LIKE ANY WRITTEN NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT SIGNED BY YOU. THIS AGREEMENT IS ENFORCEABLE AGAINST YOU AND ANY LEGAL ENTITY THAT OBTAINED THE SOFTWARE AND ON WHOSE BEHALF IT IS USED: FOR EXAMPLE, IF APPLICABLE, YOUR EMPLOYER. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE. VISIT HTTP://TIMELAPSETOOL.COM FOR TERMS OF AND LIMITATIONS ON RETURNING THE SOFTWARE FOR A REFUND.
THE SOFTWARE MAY INCLUDE PRODUCT ACTIVATION AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY DESIGNED TO PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED COPYING. THE ACTIVATION TECHNOLOGY MAY PREVENT YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE ACTIVATION PROCESS DESCRIBED IN THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION.
"Computer" means a computer device that accepts information in digital or similar form and manipulates it for a specific result based on a sequence of instructions.
"Internal Network" means a private, proprietary network resource accessible only by employees and individual contractors (i.e., temporary employees) of a specific corporation or similar business entity. Internal Network does not include the Internet or any other network community open to the public, such as membership or subscription driven groups, associations and similar organizations.
"Permitted Number" means one (1) unless otherwise indicated under a valid license granted by AI Devs.
"Software" means (a) all of the information with which this agreement is provided, including but not limited to (i) AI Devs or third party software files and other computer information; (ii) sample and stock photographs, images, sounds, clip art and other artistic works bundled with AI Devs software and not obtained from AI Devs or another party through a separate service ("Content Files"); (iii) related explanatory written materials and files ("Documentation"); and (iv) fonts; and (b) any modified versions and copies of, and upgrades, updates and additions to, such information, provided to you by AI Devs at any time, to the extent not provided under a separate agreement (collectively, "Updates").
2. Software License. If you obtained the Software from AI Devs or one of its authorized licensees and as long as you comply with the terms of this agreement, AI Devs grants you a non-exclusive license to use the Software in the manner and for the purposes described in the Documentation, as further set forth below. See Section 13 for specific provisions related to certain kind of licenses.
2.1 General Use. You may install and use one copy of the Software on up to the Permitted Number of your compatible Computers; or
2.2 Portable or Home Computer Use. The primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.
2.3 Backup Copy. You may make a reasonable number of backup copies of the Software, provided your backup copies are not installed or used for other than archival purposes.
2.4 Content Files. Unless stated otherwise in the "Read-Me" files associated with the Content Files, which may include specific rights and restrictions with respect to such materials, you may display, modify, reproduce and distribute any of the Content Files. However, you may not distribute the Content Files on a stand-alone basis (i.e., in circumstances in which the Content Files constitute the primary value of the product being distributed). Content Files may not be used in the production of libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, lewd, obscene or pornographic material or any material that infringes upon any third party intellectual property rights or in any otherwise unlawful manner. You may not claim any trademark rights in the Content Files or derivative works thereof. Content Files do not include stock photographs or other content not bundled with AI Devs software.
3. Intellectual Property Ownership. The Software and any authorized copies that you make are the intellectual property of and are owned by AI Devs and its suppliers. The structure, organization and code of the Software are the valuable trade secrets and confidential information of AI Devs and its suppliers. The Software is protected by law, including but not limited to the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and by international treaty provisions. Except as expressly stated herein, this agreement does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Software and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by AI Devs and its suppliers.
4.1 Notices. You may not copy the Software except as set forth in Section 2. Any permitted copy of the Software that you make must contain the same copyright and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Software.
4.2 No Modifications. You may not modify, adapt or translate the Software. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software.
4.3 No Unbundling. The Software may include various applications, utilities and components, may support multiple platforms and languages and may be provided to you on multiple media or in multiple copies. Nonetheless, the Software is designed and provided to you as a single product to be used as a single product on Computers as permitted by Sections 2. You are not required to use all component parts of the Software, but you may not unbundle the component parts of the Software for use on different Computers. You may not unbundle or repackage the Software for distribution, transfer or resale.
4.4 No Transfer. YOU MAY NOT RENT, LEASE, SELL, SUBLICENSE, ASSIGN OR TRANSFER YOUR RIGHTS IN THE SOFTWARE, OR AUTHORIZE ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE TO BE COPIED ONTO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY'S COMPUTER EXCEPT AS MAY BE PERMITTED HEREIN. You may, however, transfer all your rights to use the Software to another individual or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this agreement, (ii) the serial number(s), the Software and all other software or hardware bundled, packaged or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, upgrades, updates and prior versions, and (iii) all copies of font software converted into other formats to such individual or entity; (b) you retain no upgrades, updates or copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this agreement and any other terms and conditions under which you purchased a valid license to the Software. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT TRANSFER PERSONAL EDITION OF THE SOFTWARE. Prior to a transfer AI Devs may require that you and the receiving party confirm in writing your compliance with this agreement, provide AI Devs with information about yourselves, and register as end-users of the Software. Please contact AI Devs's Customer Support for more information.
5. Updates. If the Software is an upgrade or update to a previous version of AI Devs software, you must possess a valid license to such previous version in order to use such upgrade or update. After you install such update or upgrade, you may continue to use any such previous version in accordance with its end-user license agreement only if (a) the upgrade or update and all previous versions are installed on the same device, (b) the previous versions or copies thereof are not transferred to another party or device unless all copies of the update or upgrade are also transferred to such party or device and (c) you acknowledge that any obligation AI Devs may have to support the previous version(s) may be ended upon the availability of the upgrade or update. No other use of the previous version(s) is permitted after installation of an update or upgrade. Upgrades and updates may be licensed to you by AI Devs with additional or different terms.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY. AI Devs warrants to the individual or entity that first purchases a license for the Software for use pursuant to the terms of this agreement that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the Documentation for the ninety (90) day period following receipt of the Software when used on the recommended operating system and hardware configuration. Non-substantial variation of performance from the Documentation does not establish a warranty right. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO PATCHES, EVALUATION AND PERSONAL EDITIONS OF SOFTWARE (See Section 13). All warranty claims must be made, along with proof of purchase, to the AI Devs Customer Support within such ninety (90) day period. Visit the Customer Support pages at http://timelapsetool.com for more information about warranty claims. If the Software does not perform substantially in accordance with the Documentation, the entire liability of AI Devs and its affiliates and your exclusive remedy will be limited to either, at AI Devs's option, replacement of the Software or refund of the license fee you paid for the Software.
7. DISCLAIMER. THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY AI DEVS AND ITS AFFILIATES AND STATES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR AI DEVS, ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS' BREACH OF WARRANTY. EXCEPT FOR THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY AND ANY WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION OR TERM TO THE EXTENT THE SAME CANNOT OR MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY LAW APPLICABLE TO YOU IN YOUR JURISDICTION, AI DEVS AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE AND ACCESS TO ANY WEBSITES AND ONLINE SERVICES AS-IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE AS TO ANY MATTER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERFORMANCE, SECURITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, INTEGRATION, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The provisions of Sections 7 and Section 8 will survive the termination of this agreement, howsoever caused, but this will not imply or create any continued right to use the Software after termination of this Agreement.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL AI DEVS OR ITS AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS WHATSOEVER INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PERSONAL INJURY OR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY OF CARE, OR CLAIMS BY A THIRD PARTY, EVEN IF AN AI Devs REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR COSTS. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION. AI DEVS'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE SOFTWARE, IF ANY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IN THE EVENT OF A FUNDAMENTAL OR MATERIAL BREACH OR A BREACH OF THE FUNDAMENTAL OR MATERIAL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. Nothing contained in this agreement limits AI Devs's liability to you in the event of death or personal injury resulting from AI Devs's negligence or for the tort of deceit (fraud). AI Devs is acting on behalf of its affiliates and suppliers for the purpose of disclaiming, excluding and limiting obligations, warranties and liability, but in no other respects and for no other purpose. For further information, please see the jurisdiction specific information at the end of this agreement, if any, or contact the Customer Support.
9. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without reference to conflicts of law rules and principles. To the extent permitted by law, the provisions of this Agreement shall supersede any provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted or made applicable to the Products in any competent jurisdiction. This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly disclaimed and excluded. The federal and state courts within the Commonwealth of Virginia shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement is to be performed in the Commonwealth of Virginia and that any action, dispute, controversy, or claim that may be instituted based on this Agreement, or arising out of or related to this Agreement or any alleged breach thereof, shall be prosecuted exclusively in the federal or state courts in of the Commonwealth of Virginia and you, to the extent permitted by applicable law, hereby waive the right to change venue to any other state, county, district or jurisdiction; provided, however, that the AI Devs as claimant shall be entitled to initiate proceedings in any court of competent jurisdiction
10. General Provisions. If any part of this agreement is found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of this agreement, which will remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. This agreement will not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer. For example, for consumers in New Zealand who obtain the Software for personal, domestic or household use (not business purposes), this agreement is subject to the Consumer Guarantees Act. This agreement may only be modified by a writing signed by an authorized officer of AI Devs. The English version of this agreement will be the version used when interpreting or construing this agreement. This is the entire agreement between AI Devs and you relating to the Software and it supersedes any prior representations, discussions, undertakings, communications or advertising relating to the Software.
11. Compliance with Licenses. If you are a business, company or organization, you agree that upon request from AI Devs or its authorized representative you will within thirty (30) days fully document and certify that use of any and all AI Devs software at the time of the request is in conformity with your valid licenses from AI Devs.
12. Privacy Disclosure. AI Devs does not collect personally identifiable information except e-mail addresses such as names, social security numbers, addresses, gender identity, affiliations, age, height, weight, id photos, etc. Your e-mail address will be used only to communicate with you to solve your problem or promotions from AI Devs only. If you voluntarily give us any personal information for other promotions or contests, we do not share or sell this to other third parties.
12.1. Aggregated Usage and App Statistics. We collect anonymous aggregated usage statistics of application usage and configuration options. We use this information to determine how users use the App, how often certain features are used, etc. This information is used in aggregate form to help us improve the application value and to set priorities for future features.
13. Specific Provisions and Exceptions. This section sets forth specific provisions related to certain components of the Software as well as limited exceptions to the above terms and conditions. To the extent that any provision in this section is in conflict with any other term or condition in this agreement, this section will supersede such other term or condition.
13.1. Pre-release Software Additional Terms. If the Software is pre-commercial release or beta software ("Pre-release Software"), then this Section applies. The Pre-release Software is a pre-release version, does not represent final product from AI Devs, and may contain bugs, errors and other problems that could cause system or other failures and data loss. AI Devs may never commercially release the Pre-release Software. If you received the Pre-release Software pursuant to a separate written agreement, such as the AI Devs Agreement for Unreleased Products, your use of the Software is also governed by such agreement. You will return or destroy all copies of Pre-release Software upon request by AI Devs or upon AI Devs's commercial release of such Software.
YOUR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SEE SECTIONS 7 AND 8 FOR WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS WHICH GOVERN PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE.
13.2. Evaluation or Personal Edition Additional Terms. If the Software is licensed as Personal edition or Evaluation is used then the following Section applies. The Software may contain limited functionality and is to be used for personal and evaluation purposes only and not for your commercial purposes.
YOUR USE OF EVALUATION OR PERSONAL EDITION OF SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SEE SECTIONS 7 AND 8 FOR WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS WHICH GOVERN EVALUATION AND PERSONAL EDITION OF SOFTWARE